3.19. @ GIANT ROBOT - Water Works - A benefit for UNICEF and child victims of the earthquake in Japan.
Water Works at GR2 - A benefit for UNICEF and child victims of the earthquake in Japan
March 19 - April 13, 2011
Reception: Saturday, March 19, 6:30 - 1p
The U.S. Fund for UNICEF (USF) is raising funds to help children in Japan impacted by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. This is an unusual decision, as Japan is a donor to UNICEF, not a recipient of its assistance. However, due to the unprecedented nature of the epic disaster and its impact on children, resources are going to be critical in helping provide for the very unique needs of children. These may include health, development, and protection and other needs that may have been compromised or disrupted in the wake of the catastrophe. Giant Robot is proud to join the effort, and have asked many of our talented friends to create water-themed art to raise funds to support the efforts of UNICEF.
In addition to raising money by selling artwork, Giant Robot will be donating the following to UNICEF:
1. Proceeds from the sale of water bottles featuring labels created by artists and signed by celebrities.
2. Fifty percent of proceeds from Giant Robot’s small restaurant, gr/eats, on Saturday, March 19.
3. A percentage of all sales at Giant Robot, GR2, and GRSF during the weekend of March 18-20.
4. Raffles for donated merchandise including designer- and artist-signed items, GR gear, horseback rides, and other items.
5. Cash donations accepted for UNICEF.
Contributors include the following:
James Jean kozyndan
Bryan Lee O'Malley
Ryan Jacob Smith
Deth P. Sun
Esther Pearl Watson
The opening reception featuring many of the artists will take place from 6:30 - 10p on Saturday, March 19.
2062 Sawtelle Blvd.